Apr 20, 2013

Get That Prefect Highlighted And Contoured Look With Liquid Foundation

                                             How To Pick And Apply Foundation


Foundation is one of the topics that I hear the most concerns from my clients and supporters about. I also get a lot of completents about my foundations application. So I decided to create this foundation selection and applications guide.  After you learn these skills, you'll be applying your makeup like a pro!!

The key to picking the right foundation is knowing you skin type!!! Is your skin normal, is it super dry or is it oily? Having this knowledge will allow you to pick foundation that allows your skin to thrive all   day. If you have dry skin for example, a liquid/ creme base foundation would provide more moisture and will help you maintain a more flawless look through out the day.

Another important factor when picking the right foundation is trying before you buy. This is extremely important for women of color because foundations does oxidize and gets darker after about five minutes. So give it some time and try a foundation that you think may be too light for you.

Something that may shock you about picking foundation is that more than likely you're going to need more than one to get the look you really want. At times I find myself using up to 4 different shades on myself and clients.

Now that you know that it is important  to know your skin type, trying the product before you take it home and that  1 foundation just may not cut it: it's time for tips on how to apply it. Foundation application is just that the foundation of a great makeup look. I really enjoy picking the right colors for my clients and creating beautiful look for them.

If you don't take anything from this post but these three things, you will be head and shoulders above the rest....
                                           *A good brush is key- Since we're taking about liquid foundations. A flat medium to large liquid foundation brush always does the job for me. Some people like using sponges but I find that they can hold more bacteria and that's not healthy for your face.
                                         *Apply 2 layers- I tend to apply the first layer with clean fingers and allow it to dry while I do the rest of my makeup.
                                        *Apply your makeup the way your face naturally looks. Apply the light foundation to the bright areas and the darker shade to the dark areas of your face.

Start with a clean well moisturized face and neck. Once you have selected you prefect foundation trio. You will need a highlight color of under your eyes and any blemishes you want to cover up. You need a mid-tone this will go mainly all over. Then there's the dark color

If you have any additional questions or would like an in-person or virtual consultation contact me via text 678-964-6631. Please include your name, best time to contact you and a head shot so I can pick the right shades for you.  Thanks for reading and supporting.

XoxO,
Laesha Ebony
I like to do the swipe test along the jawline 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...